Monday, July 12, 2010

Nilisha Khanna - Review meeting Notes – 8th July,’10

Review Panel- Ramana , Vijay Sarathi, Jyothsna

Feed back-
My 1st Diploma Project Review was really beneficial. Certain points that came up during this meet helped me open up and think from a wider perspective.
• The subject I am focusing on is a very sensitive one so I need to get involved deeply and handle the issue carefully.
• To tell an authentic story I also need to keep two things in mind - how the story is told and its presentation.
• I have to think of questions like - What is the woman going through? Is she just alone, which is why she is waiting for him or is she really lonely? How do I show the conflict within herself and socially? How could I contemporizes the issue and not make it cliché since the subject has been done several times. How do I incorporate my research in my script? Her emotions and feelings need to be clear in my film as I need my audience to feel sympathy for the character.
• I need to work on the dialogues and also think of the different endings for my story.
• I have been told to refer to films like: Roja, Kala Pani and Someersby apart from the other references I already had.
• I have also been asked to talk to our counselor Jaishree , who has done a lot of research on the loss and grief when someone close dies. She could also suggest me to meet other people and read articles.

Deadlines-

12th July’01 - I have to submit research papers after interviewing women who have gone through such traumas in life, reading articles and books and watching films.
15th July’10 – I have to submit my final script which will incorporate the research I had been doing.
31st July’10 – I have to finish pre- production. (Animatics with sound)

No comments:

Post a Comment